As a retailer you need tight control over marketing and your inventory. You need reports to track sales for prior seasons and project sales for future seasons. You require the flexibility to manage your retail stores, web and catalogue sales or a combination of all three. Keep out of the office and “on the sales floor”.
HOW CAN ONEIR SOLUTIONS HELP MY RETAIL STORE?
You stock a variety of items within a product category and a variety of products storewide. You can track every aspect of your inventory: by product (candy, herbal supplements, souvenirs, etc.), type or category (lollipop, weight loss aid, keychain, etc.), size & color or a combination thereof. Know in which area your largest profits lie at all locations, or just one.
Your products change according to the season and you likely have frequent end-of-season “clearance” sales. Oneir Solutions can help you set-up prices for time periods and notify regular customers with a promotional mailing.
With Oneir Solutions, you can also provide frequent buyer cards and sell, accept and track gift cards/certificates. And when styles become obsolete, you can identify these so that they are not in your current reports, but are available for reporting if requested.
Oneir Solutions can take orders from your web store, fully integrate for order fulfillment and track all internet sales. Smart customer identification integrates between your “brick & mortar” customer information and web sales.
And if you have multiple locations, take your retail business to a whole new level with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) that efficiently manages key business functions through one shared information database…while increasing sales with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) that provides a central source of information about customers and prospects., and multiple methods to attract and service them.
ONEIR SOLUTIONS FEATURES FOR RETAILERS
- Point of Sales or Sales Order Tracking & Invoicing: Including phone, online and catalogue orders: Point of Sale for retail and short-term rentals, Sales Order for online, catalogue and phone orders.
- Returns and Exchanges.
- Back-office accounting: Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, General Ledger
- Inventory Control: Purchase ordering, materials requirement planning, special orders and back orders. Track / manage sizes and colors with Size/Color matrix and lots.
- Tag-Alongs: Sell an item and add “tag along” items and/or description.
- Kitting: Sell individual items that combine as a “kit” or whole item at a kit price. The individual items are also removed from inventory.
- Mix ‘n Match Pricing: Sell groups of the same item but with various colors with volume pricing.
- Special Pricing & Discounting: Set up special pricing for sales with start/end dates, clearance pricing and special pricing for types of customers and/or valued customers.
- Customer & Sales Analysis: Analyze trends and demographics.
- Business Analysis: Analyze the performance of the company, each location, employees, products and product lines.
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM): Proactively market with direct mail and e-Mail campaigns to your preferred customers.
- Customer Receivables: e-Mail or print statements with opening and closing balances. Charge interest for late payments, track contacts made for collection and put delinquent customers “on-hold”.
- Multi-Location Capabilities: All locations on-line all the time, including ordering from sales reps on-the-road, tradeshows, conventions, on-the-road service trucks, mobile stores, amongst other locations…no matter where or how many.
- Web, Phone and Mail Orders: Receive orders by phone, e-Commerce web store integration, EDI orders or catalog for deliver to specific addresses.
- Commissions: Set up commissions for individual employees based on margin and sales with bonuses for first time customer orders.
- Gift Cards: Sell, accept and track gift cards or gift certificates.
- Repeat Billing: Manage long-term rentals and ongoing contracts. Even “take back” leases.
- Bank Card Processing: Process debit/credit card payments with CPI Compliance. Take deposits, pay for invoices and pay outstanding receivables using one-time payments or “tokens” for payments on subsequent purchases.