Oneir Solutions Inc and the Vigilant Cloud Solution can print reports and any of your business forms on-screen to pdf’s. This means you can print a long report, search for specific items and only print the pages you desire. You can also display your business forms, such as quotes, confirmations, invoices, etc. as pdf’s and then print them on any Windows printer, even if you are not in the office. There is a slight delay of a few seconds while the pdf file is being created, but the wait is worth it.
Here are the steps to set up your computer so that you can display, print and save PDF files to your local computer.
Please have your IT Resource follow these steps as there is a bit of computer knowledge needed to get it set up.
Set Up for pdf Display and Printing:
1. On the C: drive of each computer, create a new folder name oneirpdf. This must be at the root of C:, not in any subdirectory, i.e. the full path must be C:\oneirpdf. Please note that this name is very specific for Linux communication so the directory name MUST be completely in lowercase with no spaces.
2. Save the attachment on this e-mail (named watchfolder.xex) to the oneirpdf directory. Also the watchfolder.xex.config
3. Rename the file to watchfolder.exe and watchfolder.exe.config respectively.
4. Double click on the watchfolder program to start the program running. A windows will briefly appear and then close. You are now ready to start using the display pdf feature.
5. Also create a Short Cut on your desk top so that the WatchFolder can be re-started easily in the future.
6. Please note that the watchfolder program must be running for the display pdf feature to work. You may wish to configure your computer to run watchfloder.exe every time you start up the computer. If not you will need to go to C:\oneirpdf and double click on watchfolder.exe each time you restart your computer in order for the feature to work.
If the program is not running, the pdf will be saved in the oneirpdf folder, however it will just be a string of numbers for the file name. So the only way to find out which one is the report you just did, would be to view the date and time the file was created. As you can imagine having the watchfolder program running is a vastly superior option.
Using the display PDF feature:
1. Ask for the report to print as normal. When you are asked to “Ready _____ printer. Press <space> to continue” Press <F9> instead of <space>.
2. Select “R. Display PDF file on screen”
3. The report will then compile and transfer to your local computer and launch Adobe Reader. Once the PDF is on screen, you may print it (or print selected pages and/or save it to wherever and with whatever name you wish on the hard drive the same way you would any other pdf.
You can optionally set up reportsas well as any of your business forms to print as pdf’s by going to the Otherr Options on the oneir home page and setting up printing to “R. Display PDF file on screen”.
Messages and their Resolution
Also, you must have a version of Adobe Reader, or similar program that may view and save pdf files.
If you get the following message:
…chances are our Watchfolder app does not know where to find the executable. You need to verify which reader you are using and where it has been saved to the hard drive. The last line in the WatchFolder.exe.config configuration file is the expected path for the pdf reader. Simply save file to your C:\ONEIRPDF folder and replace the info with the correct path and try it again.
If there are further issues, please feel free to contact our Customer Support Team via e-Mail at [email protected] and call directly using Extension 2.